HOW TO USE BLACK 3.0Updated 21 days ago
Here is a tutorial by Stuart Semple on how to use his Black 3.0:
BLACK 3.0 is the blackest and mattest acrylic paint on the planet! Unlike other super-black coatings it can be safely applied with nothing more than a brush and usually in one coat, no toxic particles or technical spraying - I’ve also worked super hard to make it affordable.
To get the best finish:
- Use a nice soft brush (not a rubbish scratchy comblike one)
- Apply at room temperature 10 - 25 c ( 50 - 77 F)
- Use as little paint as possible and spread it out nicely
- If it's put on too thick the paint won't dry properly and could crystalise
- Allow to dry between coats (at least two hours, overnight is better)
- Use a hairdryer to get max blackness
- Seal absorbent (porous) things with 25% PVA and 75% Water
- Prime shiny (non - absorbent) things with primer or Black 2.0
It was made by artists FOR artists just like you! On top of that, my studio is non-profit, so all of the money raised selling any of my art, paints included, just goes right back into the studio for the next art project.
Was this article helpful?